It's never too late to begin the healing process from childhood sexual abuse. It's never too early to fall in love with the person God created you to be. Long ago someone made a choice to take away your innocence, but today that someone can't touch your freedom to heal.

Friday, April 27, 2012

Silence Welcomed

“I’ve realized that I deserve a man . . . that’s not what I mean,” she said, silence interrupting our conversation.

“You’re worthy?” I asked.

“Yeah, that’s it. I’m worthy of a man who will wipe the drool from my mouth if I have a stroke and put me ahead of himself.”

Tears filled my eyes. I’ve known this woman for most of my life. For the past twelve years, when she first broke her silence, she’s welcomed me into her quiet process to heal from sexual abuse.

“Do you know how significant that is for you as a survivor?” I asked.

“Yes,” she said through her tears.

And once again silence interrupted our conversation. We wiped our tears. We savored the moment.

A silence most welcomed.



Sexual abuse injects poisonous lies into its victims’ hearts and minds. “You’re not worthy” is one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...