It's never too late to begin the healing process from childhood sexual abuse. It's never too early to fall in love with the person God created you to be. Long ago someone made a choice to take away your innocence, but today that someone can't touch your freedom to heal.

Friday, May 29, 2009

When a Few Words Are Enough

Okay, I'll admit it...I'm a Jon and Kate Plus Eight fan. I started watching their show last fall, curious to see what all the fuss was about. One episode and I was hooked.

Was it those eight adorable faces, the fact that I'm a people watcher (most writers are), or the drama between Kate and Jon that found me in front of the tube on Monday nights? I'm not sure. I do suspect that having three more children added to our family in September, bringing our count to Ken and Carolyn plus seven (Doesn't quite have the ring to it, does it?), might have had something to do with it. Mothers of many children form an instant bond; we need all the help we can get. We trade survival strategies, share kid-friendly recipes, compare chore charts, etc... I got to watch Kate balance it all on Monday nights. I was encouraged. But now...I'm sad.

Because my heart has been pierced through the years when I've heard it said "Christians are are the only ones who shoot their wounded", I won't write one word about my thoughts regarding Kate and Jon, their marriage, their parenting, their decisions. And I pray that I won't speak my opinion either (I will need God's strength for this one...my lips move before my brain thinks too many times). After all, that's all it would be--my opinion. Enough said.

So what will this fan be doing on Monday nights when I'm tempted to see what's going on at the Gosselin house, and when I see Kate's and Jon's pictures plastered on yet another magazine? I'll be doing what God has called me to do--praying for my christian sister, her family, and my family... in all humility. Enough said.

2 comments:

  1. That's what I love about you, Carolyn. You are so good at loving people where they're at. I've never seen the show, but I've heard the rumors. You convict me. I let other people's issues get to me and I want to shake them and let them know what they're doing wrong (even though I'm the worst of sinners). Ugh, I'm such a hypocrite sometimes. Thanks for reminding me how I'd like to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy, I reread my blog this morning and was convicted too. My lips got ahead of my brain just yesterday. I need to remind myself how I want to be. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...