It's never too late to begin the healing process from childhood sexual abuse. It's never too early to fall in love with the person God created you to be. Long ago someone made a choice to take away your innocence, but today that someone can't touch your freedom to heal.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Priceless Communication

Angry tears streamed down my face. Angry words reached heaven. Lord, she’s had enough disappointments. Why didn’t she make the team? My twelve year old daughter sat next to me, crying. Born with a severe communication disorder that impacts all areas of her life, nothing had come easily to Anna—nothing . . . but soccer.

Anna had just told me her friend, Stephanie, had received the congratulatory call from the soccer coach. Anna didn’t. I was ticked!

“It okay, Mom. I happy Steph make it. I just sad.”

I felt like a fool. I was focused on my own anger, jealousy, and disappointment. Yet my daughter communicated perfectly to my heart in three imperfect sentences. And I realized some things: Other things come easily to Anna--accepting her losses, loving her friend above herself, and being honest about her emotions. And I had a lot to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...