It's never too late to begin the healing process from childhood sexual abuse. It's never too early to fall in love with the person God created you to be. Long ago someone made a choice to take away your innocence, but today that someone can't touch your freedom to heal.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Hide or Seek

When I played Hide and Seek as a child I preferred to hide than seek. I'm not exactly sure why. Perhaps there was a little budding control freak evolving inside of me even then. I felt more in control when I hid. Perhaps it's because I'm far more right brained than left. Hiding involves creativity. Finding requires logical thinking. Or perhaps it's because, when one plays Hide and Seek, many hide and only one seeks. As a child, it was easier for me to belong to the group than stand alone.


When it comes to the subject of child sex trafficking I'd rather hide than seek. I know why, and I’m sure you do too. We probably share the same reasons. And, if you are like me, even as an adult, it's easier to stand in a group than to stand alone.

Today, I’d like to challenge you to seek rather than hide. Find some time over the next couple of days to watch this movie, The Candy Shop. It will take you to the dark side of child sex trafficking, but here’s the thing—it won’t leave you there. It will stir your heart and motivate your soul.

And together we will seek and find that what is hidden in the darkness, when brought into the light, will leave us standing together. Not alone.



Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...