It's never too late to begin the healing process from childhood sexual abuse. It's never too early to fall in love with the person God created you to be. Long ago someone made a choice to take away your innocence, but today that someone can't touch your freedom to heal.

Friday, March 18, 2011

So What

So what did you do about it?” I asked. “You were both alive at the time.”

I was seated at the dinner table across from my parents, an indignant adolescent, demanding an answer. We had just studied the Holocaust in school that day, and I was sure that if I had been alive during World War II, I would have done something about it. How arrogant.

Last night I attended the opening meeting of a conference, The Biblical Call: A Christian Response to Human Trafficking & Sexual Abuse. I learned that we have more slaves now in our world than we did in the four hundred years of the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade, many of them children, many of them sex slaves.

I’m alive. This is now.  So what am I going to do about it?

This afternoon I’m going to learn from the experts what I can do about it. So stop back next week, and I’ll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...