It's never too late to begin the healing process from childhood sexual abuse. It's never too early to fall in love with the person God created you to be. Long ago someone made a choice to take away your innocence, but today that someone can't touch your freedom to heal.

Friday, July 8, 2011

The Lies Survivors Believe: The Common Lie

“I went into the room an innocent child,” she said. “ I left filled with guilt. From the moment it happened, I was filled with shame. I believed it was my fault.”


It’s a common belief among survivors. “It was my fault” rings in their minds and penetrates their hearts.

“Then one day I noticed a child who was the age I was when it happened,” she said. “I observed the four year old and realized that four year olds don’t even know what sex is, let alone want to engage in it.”

This truth entered her mind. The ringing of the lie wasn’t so loud.

Time passed.

“Then one night I was praying to God about how ugly I felt. I’d prayed that same prayer often throughout my life. Then I heard the whisper. ‘It wasn’t your fault.’ I knew from that moment on, I wasn’t responsible.”

The truth permeated her heart.

The lie lost its power. The guilt lost its home. The shame lost its victory.



If you believe this lie, please don’t give up hope. Keep pondering the truth and telling God how you feel. And together we will pray that one day, you will hear His whisper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...