It's never too late to begin the healing process from childhood sexual abuse. It's never too early to fall in love with the person God created you to be. Long ago someone made a choice to take away your innocence, but today that someone can't touch your freedom to heal.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Voices of Tamar’s Redemption: Christy’s Voice, Christy’s Journey


Tamar's Redemption Tuesdays

How We Hurt, How We Heal


I am a survivor. My life choices can no longer stay chained to the pain of my childhood sexual abuse.

Instead of self-protecting, I try to trust.

Instead of depending too much on myself or others, I try to rely more on God.

Instead of controlling, I try to surrender.

But breaking those chains didn’t happen overnight.


It was in high school that I became haunted by memories. Flashes of times I wanted to forget.  Experiences that confused me and made me feel uncomfortable. I wanted to rid myself of the thoughts as soon as they came to mind. Literally shaking my head as if I could dislodge them from my memory like water stuck in your ear after a day of swimming.

Persistent, unwelcome pictures from when I was young clashed against the hodge-podge of sexual information I was soaking in from my friends and the world around me.  My memories never lined up or maybe the issue was that they did. What happened to me was wrong. I knew that much. And it happened with a trusted adult in my life.

That’s what messed me up.



Please join us next Tuesday for more of Christy’s story.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...