It's never too late to begin the healing process from childhood sexual abuse. It's never too early to fall in love with the person God created you to be. Long ago someone made a choice to take away your innocence, but today that someone can't touch your freedom to heal.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Mountain of Damaged Goods (Spouses Caught in the Ripple – Part 2)

“When did you first tell your spouse that you had been sexually abused?” I had emailed two different women through two private emails and asked them the same question.

They responded. Privately.

One had told within the first year of dating her spouse, the other had told when she knew marriage was looming in their future.

“My biggest fear was that he would view me as used or damaged goods.  That I would somehow not be new or special to him because of my abuse,” replied the one.

“At the time,” said the other, “I had no expectations about his response. Perhaps I wanted him to know I was damaged goods? It would ‘let him off the hook’ so to speak.”

Image courtesty of Michal Marcol/ FreeDigitalPhotos.net"

Two different women.  Two different abuse stories.

One description.

Damaged goods.

But that wasn't what the men were thinking when they heard. It wasn't what they were thinking—at all.

  
Please join us next Tuesday. The husbands respond.

To read Spouses Caught in the Ripple click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...