It's never too late to begin the healing process from childhood sexual abuse. It's never too early to fall in love with the person God created you to be. Long ago someone made a choice to take away your innocence, but today that someone can't touch your freedom to heal.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Mountain of Unworthiness (Spouses Caught in the Ripple, Part 4)


When she told her finance about her abuse, she thought he was thinking, Damaged Goods, but that was her thought, not his.

But what did she want to hear? If they could go back in time, what does she wish he would have said?

She writes: “Reassurances that I was still loved and valued by him and an acknowledgement that it was difficult for me to share my abuse with him.  Also, I wanted him to recognize that I must trust in him, in order, for me to share my past. 

I feel conflicted when I imagine him telling me these things. Still there is a deep part of me that wants to hear them, but an outer shell that feels shame when I am told how much I am loved and valued.  That seems so weird to write, because it is honestly what I desire most to hear.  But, maybe there is a part of me that feels undeserving of it?”

All children are born deserving of love and worthy of being valued. Enter sexual abuse and shame's echoes fill the soul, “Unworthy, unworthy, unworthy.”

Image courtesy of Dan, FreeDigitalPhotos.net
And the mountain of unworthiness rises high above the newly married couple, daring them to climb.


Visit us next week  and join them in the climb.


To read Spouse Caught in the Ripple, Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, please click on highlighted areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...